The Cleveland County ARES Net was conducted at 8pm on Tuesday, August 4th, 2015. Net Control was WX5MOR/Gayland, who was operating from the City of Moore’s mobile command post located at a National Night Out event.
There were 29 check-ins. Those other than the “regulars” included KE5HWH/Ken. It was also good to hear N5UWY/Peter and KC7RUN/Lan again.
· KD5UGO/Phil: SCARS meeting this Saturday, August 8th, at Norman Fire Station #7. Meeting begins at 9:30am, with social time prior.
· KF5UZA/Rodney: Two ICS-300 classes are scheduled by the Oklahoma Highway Patrol, open to anyone. Dates are August 25-26 and September 2-3. Contact Sgt. Lisa Poarch 405-425-2962 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
· W5DOH/Allan: KD5JSD Memorial 6m net is held on Mondays, 8pm, 50.200 MHz USB.
· NJ3D/Loren: The weekly Gossip Net is held on Tuesdays, 8:30pm or immediately following the ARES Net, 147.060 MHz repeater.
· WG5T/Bill: The 10m net is held on Wednesdays, 8pm, 28.445 MHz USB.
· WG5T/Bill: VE testing will be held this Thursday, 6:30pm, at Norman Fire Station #7.
Net Control talked for a moment concerning National Night Out, which is an “annual community-building campaign that promotes police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie to make our neighborhoods safer, better places to live. National Night Out enhances the relationship between neighbors and law enforcement while bringing back a true sense of community and provides a great opportunity to bring police and neighbors together under positive circumstances. Neighborhoods across the nation host block parties, festivals, parades, cookouts and other various community events with safety demonstrations, seminars, youth events, visits from emergency personnel and exhibits.” In Moore, there was an event in the parking lot of Target with lots of public safety (police, fire, EMS, emergency management), businesses and organizations. There were also several neighborhoods having block parties.
KD5UGO/Phil advises that National Night Out in Norman will be on October 6th.
Net was concluded at 8:24 pm.
Gayland Kitch, WX5MOR