Submitted by WX5MOR, Gayland
Cleveland County ARES Net was conducted at 8 pm on Wednesday, January 19th. Net Control Operator was WX5MOR/Gayland, operating from the Moore Emergency Operations Center.
33 check-ins were received, including KE5JZN/Chris who was with the NCO at the Moore EOC.
There were five announcements:
- WG5T/Bill reminded us of the weekly 10m net, 8 pm on Wednesdays, on 28.445 mHz USB.
- W5IFN/Harold advised us that the Gossip Net would be held at 8:30 pm following the ARES Net.
- WA9AFM/Tom advised via NCO that registration for the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon is now open. Volunteers should go towww.okcmarathon.com and enter the volunteer page to sign up. If you were a volunteer last year, you’ll be assigned to the same location unless you request a change. Amateur radio is used throughout the course for coordination purposes.
- KC5FM/Lloyd reminded via NCO that VoIP nets on Echolink, IRLP, DStar and DMR meet weekly on Monday evenings. In addition, the APRS net is on the second Saturday of the month.
- KC5FM/Lloyd also reported that AF5Q/Ron, of the Lawton/Ft Sill Amateur Radio Club, was on Amateur Radio Newsline this week, talking about their local involvement with the National Parks on the Air events. His remarks can be found online at http://arnewsline.org
Net Control spoke for a few minutes about signing up as an official ARES volunteer. This may be done at www.aresok.org. He also noted that by signing up, it allows an Amateur operator to become more familiar with ARES and public safety officials, and for public safety officials to become more familiar with the Amateur operator and what that operator might be able to assist with during an emergency.
Net concluded at 8:27 pm.